Maqui Super Bowl
My Sunday's are so precious to me. I always take some extra time and just love to sit there for hours.
To be honest, I do have expectations towards my breakfast. It has to be colourful, nutritive cause I need some energy to go to the gym afterwards and it has to be delicious. Not only for me but for my man at home as well.
I try to get the best frozen berries there are. At my hometown they do have a supermarket where I can get the perfect wild blue and red berries. They are low in calories, taste really good and are the perfect topping.
What about the milk? Well I usually don't digest cow milk. That's one ot the reasons why I'm always using plant based milk.
Don't be afraid about the nutritive part cause nowadays they're adding vitamins to it such as B2, B12 and D. Making sure it's still nutritious.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 granny apple
- 100gr frozen wild blueberries
- 100gr frozen wild red berries
- 2 tsp maqui powder
- 500ml unsweetened almond milk
- 250gr 0% fat yoghurt (125gr/person)
- 80gr oatmeal (40gr/person)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Peel the apple, chop roughly and throw them into the blender. Add the wild blue and red berries in the blender.
- Add 2 tsp maqui powder and unsweetened milk.
- Blend everything together.
- Prepare 2 bowls: oatmeal (adding 1 tsp cinnamon to it), a yghurt layer and add on top of the yoghurt your maqui smoothie.
- Add the topping and enjoy!
Good to know
Topping such as nuts, seeds and bee pollen are always a winner.
Not a big fan of the unsweetened milk? Just choose an other one such as unsweetened coconut milk, oatmilk, ...