A lot of people would call it cacao balls or protein balls but actually (in my opinion) I think Mag ball is a better name for them. Why? well, I’m using raw cacao powder and raw cacao nibs, as well as dates and almonds which is well-known to be a great source of magnesium.
If you feel like having a lack of energy, my Mag Balls are the perfect snack for you and even more if you are big chocolate fan like me!
You'll only need a food processor, a Tupperware, a fridge store them and your hands to make balls out of it.
Ingredients (10 balls)
- 1/2 cup dates (cut)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 4 tsp raw honey
- 2 tsp unsweetened vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Add the dates, almonds, almond flour, cacao powder and cacao nibs in the food processor and mix until you see that everything has been grind in smaller pieces (don’t mix it until you have a smooth paste). This will take 1 – 2 min.
- Add the honey, vanilla extract and coconut oil and mix further until everything is well combined.
- Place a clean and dry paper towel in a Tupperware.
- With your hands make little balls from the mixture (approx. 1 tbsp of mixture).
- Place the balls on the paper towel. By doing this, the towel will absorb the excess coconut oil.
- Put in the fridge and wait an hour or until hardened before eating them.
Good to know
This is ideal and quick to make before the week begins. Make more of them and store it in your fridge. It last for more then 5 days.