Endive salad with blood orange and ginger
Thank god they're back! You can find them at again at your supermarket or farmers market... Blood oranges!
Usually I'm not a big fan of eating any fruit with my meal but blood oranges are SOOO amazing. They don't taste to sweet and they just match perfect with the bitterness of the endive. The ginger will give some powerness to your salad. Exactly what I need during these rainy days!
This salad is perfect as a side dish, accompanying some white fish or even your sandwich.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 endive
- 1 blood orange
- handful fresh parsley
- 7gr fresh ginger
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp walnutoil
- 5 half walnuts
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- Peel the blood orange. Roughly Chop the blood orange and endive and add to a salad bowl.
- Crush the ginger with a garlic press (adding the ginger pulp in your salad bowl).
- Squeeze half of a lemon on top of the endive salad. Adding the walnut oil and brown rice vinegar, mix everything together.
- Garnish your salad with some fresh parsley, peper and walnuts and enjoy!
Good to know
Amazing with some sourdough bread and goat cheese.